Novel Coronavirus (CoVID-19) Updates
March 23, 2020
Carson Medical Group is Open – Now Offering Telehealth Visits
Carson Medical Group would like to assure our patients that our offices are considered essential businesses and remain open to care for our patients.
Carson Medical Group would like to thank all of our patients who are remaining home and practicing social distancing as we all work together to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19. We appreciate all you are doing to give our health care system a chance at success.
- Carson Medical Group is now offering telehealth services! If you need care, please contact the office and see if you may be able to be seen via telehealth in place of an in-person visit. The providers are individually deciding what an be seen without a physical exam, so please know for some problems/illnesses you may still be asked to come to the office. Telehealth visits will be billed as a normal in-person office visit and the patient will be responsible for their share of cost based on insurance plan.
- CMG Plus, Carson Medical Group’s walk-in clinic is open. Hours: Monday – Friday from 7am-7pm and Saturday – Sunday from 8am – 2pm. At times like this, it is very important to reserve the hospital emergency rooms for medical emergencies. CMG Plus is here to help with any non-emergent unexpected care needs.
- Special screening process in place. If coming in to the office for an appointment, you may be asked questions as part of a screening process and your temperature may be taken by a staff member as you enter the building. Additionally, all patients are requested to wait in their car until their exam room is ready. Please call the office to notify us you have arrived. We are reserving our waiting rooms for patients with mobility issues and those without a personal vehicle. This is out of an abundance of caution as we work to keep our healthy and our ill patients separate while still providing the care needed for all patients.
- Limiting visitors in to our offices. Carson Medical Group is currently limiting visitors to one parent with a child and one caregiver with an adult patient who needs assistance.
- Nevada Health Link Insurance Special Open Enrollment. Nevada Health Link, the state’s insurance marketplace is open for a limited Special Enrollment Period from 3/17/20 - 4/15/20. Carson Medical Group accepts both Ambetter and Blue Cross Pathways available through Nevada Health Link.
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19. You may call Carson City Health and Human Services Hotline at (775) 283-4789.
COVID 19 Update
March 17, 2020
In response to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, Carson Medical Group will be focusing our resources to be available to provide essential care to our patients, and do our part in the community to help slow the spread of the disease or “flatten the curve” in hopes to not overwhelm our health care system all at one time. This is not time to panic, but a time to make smart decisions to protect our vulnerable populations.
Carson Medical Group will begin rescheduling identified non-essential appointments, such as well child checks and annual preventative health appointments starting March 17, 2020. If you have an appointment scheduled that needs to be moved to a later date, our office will be contacting you. Please know this decision was not made lightly. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we navigate this ever evolving situation.
Out of an abundance of caution, CMG would like to limit the number of patients in the waiting rooms. If you have an appointment and will be coming in to the office, regardless of the reason for the appointment or symptoms, we ask that you call the office from your vehicle once you have arrived. We will check you in for the appointment and you may remain in your vehicle until an exam room is available.
Family Medicine 775.882.1324
Ear Nose & Throat 775.884.3687
Obstetrics & Gynecology 775.883.3636
CMG Plus 775.283.4004
Additionally, visitors accompanying a patient will be limited to one parent/guardian with a child(ren), or one caregiver with an adult patient needing assistance. Patients over the age of 18 who do not need assistance, we ask that you please attend your appointment by yourself.
Carson Medical Group would like to apologize for any extended telephone or in-office delays you may experience during this time. We are experiencing an overwhelming number of incoming phone calls. While we are reallocating resources as much as possible, we encourage patients to use the patient portal or Healow App for all non-urgent communications.
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, you may call Carson City Health and Human Services hotline at (775) 283-4789.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to COVID-19:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Helpful websites for additional information:
Carson Tahoe Health: https://blog.carsontahoe.com/coronavirus-protection-prevention/
Carson City Human Health and Services: https://gethealthycarsoncity.org/cchhs-covid-19-response-press-release/
Washoe County Health District: https://www.washoecounty.us/health/programs-and-services/communicable-diseases-and-epidemiology/educational_materials/COVID-19.php
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int
CMG is now offereing flu shots 7 days a week!
Walk into CMG Plus
Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm or Saturday & Sunday 8am - 2pm.
Or call (775) 882-1324 to schedule.